Installation. A new website.
- Download the latest version of Drupal.
- Unpack the downloaded archive and erase the folder Sites in it.
- Unpack the theme archive.
- Copy the folder Sites from the theme archive into the Drupal folder.
- In the archive downloaded from themeforest.net, find the folder New Drupal Installation\profiles and copy it's subfolder 'demo_profile' into the folder 'profiles'.
Beginning of Installation
1) Select the installation profile Demonstration site:
2) Choose the language:
3) Create a Database. Enter the data to access the Database:
4)If you did everything correctly, you will see the next step of installation. There you can select an installation profile:
To access the dashboard of the website, use the login admin and password admin123.
From the top menu select Configuration - File system and press Save configuration. This step is update access rules to the public and private folders on your site.
The final step in the installation is updating the database tables. In your browser address bar type http://www.example.com/update.php (replace www.example.com with your domain name) and follow the instructions.
When installation is finished, an error on the page admin/config may appear. To eliminate it, replace the file 'system.install' in the folder modules\system. You will find the fixed file in the folder 'New Drupal Installation\modules\system'.
Installation on some existing website
- Copy the theme folder into the folder themes.
- Copy the entire content of the folder Existing Drupal Installation\modules into the folder sites/modules.
- Install Shift as a default theme.
- Switch all modules you have copied from ources/modules on.
After you have installed the theme, you can change its settings Appearance - Theme settings. Here you can switch some elements of the website on/off, as well as change the logo and favicon.
On the page admin/appearance/settings/shift you'll find the following settings:
- Color scheme -- setting of the color sections of the homepage.
- Shortcut icon settings -- setting of favicon
- Show options block -- switches the display of the block with switching color schemes on.
- Print page URL -- the link to the print-page (URL alias)
- Default Color Scheme -- which of the color schemes (light/dark) will be used by default.
- Breadcrumb -- section with settings of breadcrumbs: switching off, setting of the separator etc.
Important! In the setting section Toggle display untick User pictures in posts
Examples of HTML-code
<div class="diagram pie_chart"> <div class="skills_row"> <span class="legend" style="background: #327ea3;" data-val="10"></span> <span class="caption">Adobe Photoshop</span> </div> <div class="skills_row"> <span class="legend" style="background: #4ca5d0;" data-val="30"></span> <span class="caption">Adobe Illustrator</span> </div> </div>
Bar chart style 1
<div class="diagram bar_chart"> <div class="skills_row odd first"> <span class="caption">Wordpress</span> <span class="progressbar"> <span class="progress" rel="90%" style="background: #327ea3; width: 90%;"> <span class="value">90%</span> </span> </span> </div> </div>
Bar chart style 2
<div class="diagram bar_circles"> <div class="skills_row"> <span class="caption">English</span> <span class="progressbar"> <span class="progress" style="background: #4ca5d0; width: 80%;"></span> </span> </div> </div>
After installation of all modules, you will have additional fields in the user profile. Go to your admin's account settings and fill in all additional fields.
When creating a blog post, you have an option to choose a post-format. Each of the formats differs in content style output and icon, and is highlighted with a different color in the post stream page.
The color of post-format can be changed on the edit page of the taxonomy term - admin/structure/taxonomy/post_fomats.
Block RegionsShift features 11 block regions where you can add your own custom content. Visit yourdomain.com/admin/structure/block to add your own content to the defined block regions. Press "Add Block" to create a new custom blog, or select an existing block from the Disabled list below the defined block regions.
Sources and Credits
All non standard fonts are from Google Web Fonts
We have used the pictures from: http://www.bigstockphoto.com/
All images are copyrighted to their respective owners and not available for download with this theme.
Once again, thank you so much for purchasing this theme. As I said at the beginning, I'd be glad to help you if you have any questions relating to this theme. No guarantees, but I'll do my best to assist. If you have any questions that are beyond the scope of this help file, please feel free to email via our user page contact form from our Profile Page on ThemeForest. Thank you so much!